If you have a complaint, please write with full details to:
10 Market Place
What is the purpose of this complaint procedure?
We hope that you will not need to use the complaint procedure. However, if you do need to use the complaint procedure, the purpose is to deal with your complaint promptly, fairly, and free of charge. Although we have set out below our complaint’s procedure, there may be occasions when we may have to deviate from it to deal with your complaint fairly. We will notify you in advance when there is a need to deviate from the procedure.
What will happen next?
1. Akhil Choudhury, or in his absence another director or senior member of staff, will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and may ask you to provide further details that we need to investigate your complaint. This letter will also let you know the name of the person who will deal with your complaint.
You can expect to receive our letter within 7 days of us receiving your complaint.
2. We will record your complaint in our central register and open a separate file to deal with your complaint. We will do this within a working day of receiving your complaint.
3. We will start to investigate your complaint as soon as we have all the details we need. This will normally involve the following steps:
• The complaint handler will either meet or ask the person who acted or is acting for you to reply to them about your complaint.
• The complaint handler will examine the reply and the information in your complaint file. If necessary, they will also speak to anyone else in the firm who may be involved or gather further information as may be required.
4. Within 21 days of starting the investigation or later (by notification), the complaint handler will then decide how best to take the matter forward. This will either be by suggesting a meeting with you or they will write to you giving a detailed reply.
5. Following the meeting or detailed reply, if you are not satisfied you can write to us again explaining why you are not satisfied with our reply. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways:
• Another director or senior member of staff of the company will review the decision within 10 days. Only when this is not possible then;
• We will ask our local Law Society or another firm of solicitors to review your complaint within 5 days. We will let you know how long this process will take. If this is also not possible, then;
• We will invite you to agree to independent mediation within 5 days. We will let you know how long this process will take.
6. We will let you know the result of the review within 5 days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
7. You will not be charged for us handling your complaint.
8. If you are not satisfied within 8 weeks following the making of your complaint, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman by writing to PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ.
You can also contact the Solicitors Regulations Authority (SRA) if you believe that we have breached the SRA Standards and Regulations. For further details about reporting Solicitors to the SRA, please use the following address https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor/