If you have a complaint, please write with full details/facts to:
15 South Brink
What Will Happen Next?
- A Director or Senior Member of staff will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and may ask you to confirm or explain any details they need to investigate. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within 7 days of us receiving your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our central register and open a separate file for your complaint. We will do this within a day of receiving your complaint.
- We will start to investigate your complaint as soon as we have all the details we need. This will normally involve the following steps:
- the complaint handler will ask the person who acted or is acting for you to reply to them about your complaint within five days;
- they will then examine the reply and the information in your complaint file. If necessary, they will also speak to anyone else in the firm who may be involved.
4. Within 14 days of starting the investigation, they will then decide how best to take the matter forward. This will either be suggesting a meeting with you; or they will write to you giving a detailed reply. Wherever appropriate and whether in the meeting or in their reply, they will be suggesting as to how the matter can be resolved to your satisfaction. Detailed notes of any meeting will be kept and a copy sent to you.
5. Following the meeting or detailed reply and if you are still not satisfied you can write to us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways:
- another Director or Senior Member of staff of the company will review the decision within 10 days;
- we will ask our local Law Society or another firm of solicitors to review your complaint within five days. We will let you know how long this process will take;
- we will invite you to agree to independent mediation within five days. We will let you know how long this process will take.
6. We will let you know the result of the review within five days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority or the Legal Ombudsman about your complaint, within three months of receiving our letter.
If we have to change any of the time-scales above, we will let you know and explain why.
7. Although we try to stick to the procedure set out above, there are occasions when dealing with it in another way will help you and in that event we will always try to be flexible. Our main aim will in any event be to see that the complaint is dealt with fully and without delay.
8. You will not be charged for us handling your complaint.