Bowsers can trace its roots back to the 1780’s but a merger on 1st January 2001 between two well-established law firms in The Fens is when the company began to resemble today’s Bowsers Solicitors.
Bowser & Co moved into 15 South Brink, Wisbech, a Grade II listed building, in 1992. The building has a long history and was a town house for a local sailor for many years – the copula (the wooden structure on the roof) was added to the building so that people could look out for his boat upon its return to Wisbech. From 1886 to 1970 the building was used by Wisbech Grammar School. It was then occupied by the Queen’s School before being sold and converted to a solicitor’s office.
Ollard & Bentley moved into 10 Market Place, March in 1927 after the original building, a house, was demolished and new offices were built. The building is located in a conservation area near to the River Nene (Old Course), opposite the market square.
In 2001 Bowser & Co merged with Ollard & Bentley to form Bowser Ollard & Bentley. The partnership traded very successfully, gaining the two Law Society quality marks detailed below:
- The Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS) provides a recognised quality standard for residential conveyancing practices. Membership establishes a level of credibility for firms with stakeholders such as regulators, lenders and insurers as well as residential homebuyers and sellers.
Since its inception in 2011, the CQS has created a trusted community which has helped year on year to deter fraud and continually improve standards across the residential conveyancing sector.
- Lexcel is the Law Society’s legal practice quality mark for client care, compliance and practice management. It sets the standard for structure and strategy, client care, risk management, people management, financial management, information management and file and case management.
On 1st October 2013 Bowser Ollard & Bentley Limited began trading as Bowsers with its three directors, Akhil Choudhury, Brian Bowser, and Ian Groome.
On 31st May 2016 the company was granted an Alternative Business Structure licence by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Chris Ringham was appointed as a Director.
The company continues to deliver a high level of service to its vast amount of clients.