Factors affecting complexity may include whether there is a cumulative impact policy in place, the type and size of the premises, whether it is in a residential area or if you plan to hold large scale public events.
We will agree at the outset with you whether your application is a simple application, medium complexity application or high complexity application. The ranges of our costs, based on an hourly rate of £185.00 plus VAT, for each type of application are detailed below:
|Simple application:||£888.00 to £1,332.00 (based on 4 to 6 hours of work)|
|Medium complexity application:||£1,332.00 to £1,776.00 (based on 6 to 8 hours of work)|
|High complexity application:||£1,776.00 to £2,442.00 (based on 8 to 11 hours of work)|
Our fee assumes that:
a. This is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise.
b. The transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise
c. All parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as the application fee. We will pay the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
|Application fee* (payable to licensing authority)||£100 to £635|
|Advertising fee*||£130 to £200|
|Enquiry agent fees to display public notices*||£80 to £150|
|Special delivery fee to serve the application||£80|
|Printing additional copies of plans if necessary||£10|
*These fees vary depending on the individual premises and where it is located. The fees can on occasion be higher than the ranges given above. We will give you an accurate figure for each item as soon as we are able to do so.
What Do You Get?
As part of our fee we will:
- Take your instructions and advise you as to how you can promote the licensing objectives within your application
- Advise you as the type of plans you are required to submit with your application.
- Complete the application form for a new premises licence (including the operating schedule) in accordance with your instructions and submit this to the local licensing authority alongside suitable plans. You must provide suitable plans.
- Provide guidance on the fee levels payable to the licensing authority.
- Prepare copies of the premises licence application for disclosure to the responsible authorities and serving copies of the application on the responsible authorities.
- Draft the notices advertising the premises licence application and submit the notice to a local newspaper.
- Arrange with you for you to display the notice(s) advertising the premises licence application and advise as to where and how this should be done by you in order to comply with the requirements of the Licensing Act 2003.
- Provide a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) consent form for signature by a personal licence holder proposed by yourself.
- Check the licence once granted and correct any errors with the licensing authority.
What Is Not Included?
Our fees do not include:
- Obtaining suitable plans.
- Attending pre-consultation meetings with the Licensing Authority or Responsible Authorities, nor their fee for this meeting.
- Dealing with or advising you in relation to queries or representations received from either the responsible authorities or other interested parties.
- Advising on varying the licence.
- Attendance and representation at a licensing sub-committee hearing of the responsible authority. If representations are received and attendance and representation at a licensing sub-committee is required then we will provide a separate fee estimate for this work which will be charged at an hourly rate.
How Long Will Your Application Take?
Matters usually take between 4 to 12 weeks from receipt of full instructions from you. This is on the basis of the application being relatively straightforward and you being able to provide all the necessary documents promptly. If your matter is more complex, for example, if there is substantial opposition from interested parties, or if there is a delay in receiving the documents we need, it may take longer.
Who Will Handle Your Licensing Application?
Anyone in our Litigation department could handle your licensing application. To view the qualifications and experience of the team, please click here.
Akhil Choudhury will be the Director with overall supervision of your matter.
What If I Get A Problem?
Should you have a problem that cannot be resolved between you and the person handling your purchase, please refer to our Complaints Procedure.